The Garden at Danberry at Inverness
Exceptional care. Cutting edge programming. A lovely setting that soothes and feels familiar. The Garden Memory Care is centered on total wellness with ample opportunities to live more fully each and every day and conveniently located outside of Birmingham in Hoover, AL.
Through the nationally recognized Heartfelt CONNECTIONS™ Memory Care Program, we offer people with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementia the care, respect, dignity, and quality of life loved ones want for them. Highly trained, kind and caring staff dedicate each day to life-affirming activities, enriching the lives of residents. Read more about our services
- Personalized assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming
- Licensed nurse on duty 24 hours a day
- On-site medical services including family medicine, podiatry, dermatological, optometrist, and audiology services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy on-site
- Nightly turn-down service with aromatherapy and hand massages
- Personalized care plans
- Scheduled outings in wheelchair lift bus with escort
- Medication administration and management
- Daily spot-cleaning and trash removal
- Weekly housekeeping, linen services, and laundry included
- Dedicated, secure courtyard and gardens, including areas for outdoor dining View Photo
- Interactive life enrichment stations for reminiscence therapy, such as a gardening center, tool bench, work desk, rummage boxes, sports corner, and more View Stations
- Whirlpool tub with side opening for easy access
- Indoor saltwater pool with water aerobics
- Circuit exercise class in fitness studio
- Beauty salon and spa
- Relaxing serenity room with mood-enhancing environment for reducing stress and anxiety View Image
- Online communications system for quick status updates to families
- Coded and controlled entry/exit doors for resident safety
At Danberry at Inverness, we want you to start enjoying your new lifestyle right away, and that means helping make your move smoother than you ever thought possible. It starts with a complimentary home visit by Move-In Coordinator Chandy Bishop. During this visit, you can point out which furniture you wish to bring to your new residence so that Chandy can take measurements. She then will discuss with you the best placement of furnishings in your new residence, both to maximize space and to carry over the warm feelings of home.
Chandy will also call the moving company of your choice and coordinate the details when they arrive with your precious belongings. She also can handle moving details such as transferring your phone number and change of address for your mail. Our goal is to make the entire moving process a positive experience—we are here to help every step of the way.
To set up a home visit or just ask a question, please call Chandy at 205-443-9532 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can be confident you’ve made the right choice in Danberry at Inverness—we are here for you!
Customized activities are designed to promote physical and emotional well-being, prolong daily functioning, and maintain a sense of purpose and satisfaction. These may include gardening, cooking, movies and reminiscing, as well as arts-oriented activities such as singing, listening to music, and working with rhythm. Memory boxes and scrapbooks are used as well. The goal is always, whenever possible, to incorporate aspects of each individual’s life story.
Residents of The Garden who have enjoyed swimming throughout their lives have the unique opportunity to participate in an aquatic exercise program designed to rekindle positive memories, and get them involved in swimming again. The Garden’s saltwater pool will also be ideal for those who enjoy the water but have painful arthritis.
Residents of The Garden enjoy three delicious, nutritious meals each day designed to meet the unique nutritional needs of people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia. Residents may choose from daily specials or request a favorite from our chef. Beverages and snacks are available throughout the day. Outdoor dining also is possible in our lovely secure courtyard.